Friday, June 26, 2009

Overworked

(Louise here...)

It was a busy week at work. There's a Tuesday deadline coming up for one of my projects at work, and things have been hectic.

Yesterday, Thelma saddled up one of the horses and took him for a short ride around the pasture and up and down the lane down from the house. A friend was supposed to come ride with her but never showed up. When she called to find out what happened, that friend had gone home and gone back to bed - sick - but she never called to cancel. The whole day kind of spiraled down from there. One thing after another piled up on her until we fell into a fitful sleep around 2 a.m.

I was up at 9 this morning, my head throbbing. Since I've been here in the mountains with Thelma, I have come off of many of my medications. Those of you who know me from the old blog know that I've been sick off and on for about 3 years. But now I'm off of my heavy-duty sleep medication - completely. I rarely if ever take my pain medication for breakthrough pain, and tonight I start tapering off of the long-acting pain medication. That will leave me on exactly two medications: thyroid meds and anti-depressants. If things keep going this way, maybe the anti-depressants will go away, too (though I don't think that will happen before the divorces are final...it's been a tad stressful, to say the least.

This is a short post, and I need to get back in the house. I'm in the driveway refreshing/activating Thelma's XMRadio in the truck. I wanted you to know we're okay, but we're starting to get some harassment from a few people who want to equate being gay with being a pedophile. They are starting to come down on her (and are using me to hurt her, too). If you're the praying type, prayers are appreciated for strength during this time. If you're not the praying type, send some good energy our way. Either way, we both love you and appreciate you checking in here at the ranch.

Love, (Thelma &) Louise

10 comments:

  1. OH goodness, ladies, I worry so much about you all. Will be praying. Please check in-even if it's just a sentence or two.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about since I believe in both, I do both?
    Glad to hear you are getting away from
    " western medicine", this less meds the better!
    Keep us posted!As for Thelma being harrassed,
    do what I used to tell my daughter.
    DO NOT REACT! If you don't react, they will usually go on to someone else! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on your big project . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Gay=Pedophile? Wow. I just adore the ignorance (read: heavy sarcasm). Seriously, I love you, hon. And therefore, that means I love Thelma, too. She's part of our blog family. I'm sending good energy and vibes. And am glad you're getting weaned off the meds. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't understand people at all sometimes, I really can't.
    I agree with Carol, don't react. They will get fed up if you are patient no matter how hard that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We ARE praying for you both always.
    Live gently,
    be humble,
    don't rise to the bait.
    Make allies with the good folks.
    You will be OK.
    Warm Aloha to YOU ;-)

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you both have to deal with hurtful, ignorant people. I will pray for you both. Keep smiling and going forward with pride. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learn to speak Detroit.

    "fuuuhck 'em"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd actually wondered to myself if rural Tennessee would be the most accepting place. Then again, I have a gay friend who raises horses in Tennessee and I'm assuming he's quite happy there.

    Off your pain meds--that's wonderful! One of these days, the anti-depressants will probably be a relic of the past too. You can incorporate the bottle into a work of art called "What's Done Is Done."

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great news that you're getting of your meds!

    I'm sorry to hear you are getting hassle - I'll send you some Reiki energy to counter the badness being directed at you. x

    ReplyDelete